My name is Kareena Garg, and I am a third-year at UCLA! I am originally from the suburbs of Chicago, and I really enjoy going to school in LA. Not only is the weather perfect all year-round, but I have met many inspiring people and made many amazing memories with friends from all over the world. Some of my hobbies include drinking copious amounts of coffee and making my favorite foods, such as banana nut bread, smoothies, and pastas. Another fun fact about me is that although I have been wanting to be a physician ever since I was ten years old, prior to that, my dream job was to be a hairdresser, as I loved the idea of making small talk with my customers! While we will be discussing many beauty, makeup and wellness tips in this blog, my favorite beauty tip is quite simple: to try to get at least 8 hours of sleep at night whenever you can. Not only does sleep do wonders for your skin and metabolism, it's also incredibly important for your mental health!
My name is Soumya Ravi, and I am also a third-year at UCLA! Born and raised in Orange County, CA, it’s no surprise that my favorite foods include overpriced acai bowls and avocado toast. Don’t let these healthy-ish items fool you though, because I will probably also eat any dessert with dark chocolate in it. Moving to LA for school, though initially a novel experience, has allowed me to pursue both my career goal, as a future physician, and offered platforms like this blog to explore the realm of fashion and beauty. One of my passions is advocating for mental health, which I hope to continue to do through this blog. In my free time, I enjoy playing tennis and piano as well as exploring new places in LA. While my beauty routine is probably pretty simplistic, my favorite beauty tip is that I like to apply a small amount of Argan Oil on damp hair so that damaging straighteners and curling irons don’t strip off the hair’s natural texture and luster.
GET TO KNOW US!
TV shows we have binged:
- Jane the Virgin, Grey’s Anatomy, Gossip Girl, The Good Place, The Bachelor in Paradise, Quantico, Office
- Thailand, Greece, Paris
- Sour Patch Kids, Twizzlers, Airhead Sour Strips, Twix, Kit Kats, Lindt’s Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Italian & Thai
- Attending tapings of A Little Late with Lilly Singh, E! People’s Choice Awards Red Carpet, Loud Luxury Concert
- LACMA, Sunset at the Griffith Observatory, BROAD Art Center
- Rodeo Drive, Hollywood Walk of Fame, Melrose Avenue
- Bonfires at Dockweiler State Beach, Santa Monica Pier, First Fridays at Venice
- Attending A Little Late with Lilly Singh taping, starring: Natalie Portmann